I would like to say a HUMUNGOUS THANK YOU to Just Me for nominating me for this lovely, lovely award. If you have a minute go and check out her happy little blog!
1) Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
2) Answer the questions the nominator has provided.
3) Nominate 10 other bloggers.
4) Create 10 questions for your nominees and notify them of their nomination.
1. Do your friends/family know that you blog? They do indeed. My dad helped me set up my first blog years ago. I got shy about using it so after a few posts it tailed off and I always knew I wanted to set up another. My family are very supportive of what I do and my blog is no exception.
2. What was your best moment with your blog so far? I would say I have lots of ‘best moments’ because every time I get a pingback, a new follow, a comment or feedback I am thrilled to be partaking in the blogging community. I just wish I could meet every person I speak to online as I am sure everyone is so lovely in person as they are online.
3. Why did you choose writing and not for example youtube? Well actually I plan to do both. I am getting things lined up so that I can do vlogs also because I really like the sound of my own voice. No, no I am only joking haha I have always loved editing videos. I used to make videos when I was younger with my friends of us fooling around or slideshows of photos. So I plan to do both eventually. Watch this space 😀
4. Where would you to travel if you had the chance to? Australia. Its on the hit list as soon as possible. My boyfriend has been and he has always wanted to go back so one day!
5. Do you cook? I cook, I bake, I clean I’m basically a domestic goddess. No really! Well in truth I am vegetarian so I like to get creative with healthy, filling tasty meals. One of my favourites is raw salads. They sound very dull but when you get into adding different flavour combinations you have nothing less than a taste sensation and you can eat and eat and eat happily knowing its all healthy stuff.
6. Do you follow more female or male bloggers? I think I follow more female bloggers actually. Not consciously but because I tend to like fashion, style, beauty blogs and they tend to be female. I have found though that there are some really great male bloggers out there, a few hidden gems!
7. Do you follow blogs that are very different from yours in terms of what they blog about? Yes and no, I follow quite a few similar blogs to mine but doing blogging 101 has meant I have come across some blogs I wouldn’t necessarily follow otherwise so I have a nice variety of creative people filling my ‘Reader’. Its great!
8. How often did you want to blog per week when you started? Three times a week or so, I wanted to strike a balance. I currently have enough blog content ideas to keep me very busy so I may end blogging more. I hope to find a happy rhythm.
9. Are you a sweet or a salty person? Salty, definitely. I love savoury over sweet!
10. What tip would you give a person who wants to start blogging? Erm, don’t think about it too much. The first post you make is like a leep off a cliff. You don’t really know where you are heading but it all starts evolving and growing in front of your eyes. Just give it time. It took a good three months for me to start getting comfy in my seat.
“A photograph can create a certain mood and communicate an idea that transcends its subject.”
So half the weekend is done. My goodness what you can pack into a day. Up at 7am out by 7:30am off to the venue for an exciting wedding. A 12 noon ceremony meant set up pressure was HIGH. The day ran to plan and amazingly only overran by 15 minutes. A wedding on this scale tends to push the timings to their limits! So because I was working I added the extra job to my list to take a photo for Day Ten’s theme and Day Elevens. I took a few but my favourite was this shot. The mystery of what’s behind the door adorned in flowers. The beautiful coloured glass window and up-lighters just capturing the architecture of the building… It was the perfect shot to end the night with. x
“Today, capture an image of warmth, using the sun as your source.”
Day Nine, I’m on a roll. Only 5 more glorious days to go. I decided to focus on this beautiful bunch of roses clipped from our garden. It featured in one of my previous photo roundup post, with me, which you can see – here. Believe it or not.. That is just a cheap plastic jug I keep for making pimms in bulk. To me it helps to showcase the flowers. Just shows, you don’t have to go out and BUY flowers to have a beautiful bunch. In fact one of the things I love is the thought that someone has gone and hand picked some flowers for me. Take note Angus… 😉
I used my telephoto lens to make sure the flowers were the main focus but allowed the background to create the perfect backdrop. The roses have the most amazing soft and sort of.. fluffy appearance and the setting sun was the piece de resistance, as they say.